When reassigning work, you are automatically presented with the people or resources who most closely match the original assignee based on pre-filtered criteria. When creating new assignments, use the same filtering logic to find who or what you’re looking for.
Finding the Right People for Projects
How to filter and find the best people for your projects:
- Click on a phase or on a white space on the Schedule
- Select “Add Team Member”
- A menu will appear allowing you to filter by criteria such as Role, Discipline, or People Custom Fields
- As you type, filter options and resources will populate for you to select
- Once you select a filter, you can enter additional criteria to further refine the search results
- Once you start adding criteria, you’ll start to see who your best matches are. They’ll be listed under “Matching People” and “Matching Placeholders.”
You can still scroll through the list to find people and resources by name.
When reassigning work, you’ll see that the attributes of that specific team member are automatically selected as filters, showing you People and Placeholders that match the same criteria (such as Discipline and Role). You can remove or add additional filters to modify your results.